Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Botak Jones

It was funny! Went to see my doctor in Singapore, and he recommended us a place to eat. Guess it had something to do with the fact that my husband was American. Botak Jones was apparently an American who made it "big" in the Singapore "food scene". "Botak" in the Malay Language meant "bald". Guess he might have added that to his name for comic effect, and also to "localise" himself to the public! Or perhaps, he was bald? He sold American hamburgers and stuff like that. He had a number of restaurants, and stalls in coffee shops around Singapore, and was quite popular and famous. I did not get to eat at any of his places this trip, but heard from friends who did, after we left. They were full of praises.

Well, can't give it a miss next year!

1 comment:

hifidel said...

I finally got to go. I think you and your husband will like it. Next time you are in Singapore, I'll bring you.