Saturday, October 29, 2011

Buying The House

When I bought this house I wasn’t thinking about things like high speed internet service and plumbing, I was thinking about things like how pretty the moldings were and what colors I wanted to paint all the rooms. I think the realtor said something to the effect of "good bones" and I was just sold – it was a great house and it was so cheap for what it was! Well, I’ve come to find out that the reason it was so cheap was that it needed thousands and thousands of dollars worth of work. Oops. Guess in the future I’ll have learned to look into things more before I buy. Anyway, I’ve spent the last few months trying to get everything together for the house of my dreams but it’s really just making me crazy. Everything has to be special ordered or put in after I get a permit from the city and all in all it’s just the biggest hassle ever. I don’t think I’d do it again!




Guest Post by Olga Quinn

No comments: